View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
LSnow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAVS View Post
Its not really the same comparison. Kesler in 4 seasons, has scored over 30 goals only once, and has gotten over 33 assists only once. They seem more like outliers than consistencies. I mean its really hard to find a guy whos just consistently 30 goals 30 assists. Guys have good and bad seasons. Kesler seems like a 65 pointish guy.

Jordan Staal has not once, ever, been a 30-30 guy. In fact, hes never gotten 30 goals or 30 assists in any season. And were using Alex ovechkin as an example of a 40-40 guy whos not good at anything else? Really??

At least my comparison of Kesler/Kessel has some merit to it.

I try to make my comparisons while not choosing players who have incredible linemates.

Obviously there are comparisons that work in either direction. But I find it hard to believe that a very good all around 30-30 centerman wont make up the 20 point difference from a 40-40 one way winger.
By your logic then why do the same for Kessel? He hardly is 40g/80 p winger, he barely cracks 70 points.. So why compare Kesler, who has actually been the better offensive player last 3 seasons vs Kessel who barely got to 80 points in a career year.

And i thought Staal was a good comparison since he is excellent defensively, has gotten better opportunity to increase his scoring.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote