View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Like Hammer said (he's in the same league as me), it's an absentee owner. Kinda sucks, but what can ya do.
I am the commissioner of my league and we have done a few things to combat the problem of guys that don’t care. As commissioner I usually poke them to find out what's up, if they are chronic problems we do gracefully move them out of our league at the end of the year to keep the integrity of competition intact. Also we have taken away the draft pick incentive for finishing last by having the "draft bowl". We have a 10 team league where the top 6 make the playoffs and the bottom 4 teams go into a seperate playoff where the bracket winner gets first draft pick, runner up gets 2nd pick, 3rd place winner of the draft bowl gets third pick and last place guy gets 4th overall pick. Then we seed picks 5 through 10 by how teams finished in the "championship playoffs"...........last pick goes to the champion etc.

Not saying it is perfect but it gives everyone a reason to stay engaged and try to win until the end and it does take away the incentive to tank.