Old
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
To be fair to Holland, this years AHL is of a much higher standard than last years AHL where Bonino had similar production with 22 points in 19 games.

As for the Holland/Bonino argument I think whoever is the better player through whatever preseason games/camp we may see should get the 2nd line job to start with. It's not hard to change the lines if things are not working. The one thing I really want to see though is Ryan and Teemu playing together. Teemu deserves a legitimate top 6 forward to work with.
No, you're right. That's a fair point. In that sense, you could give Holland the edge this season. On the other hand, Palmieri is a better player than he was then, and that's an advantage for Holland. Not to mention having an offensive defenseman like Vatanen out there helping. I'm not sure the end result changes much though. At least not enough that Holland jumps past Bonino without out-playing him head-to-head. Holland is impressing, and if he keeps playing well, I think he's going to force Anaheim's hand into seeing how he looks with the big boys.

I'd be pretty disappointed with Boudreau if he didn't experiment with combinations, unless everything just seems to click. There is really no reason not to give Holland a shot, if he plays well, and Bonino just doesn't look quite as good as expected. I don't think anyone here is saying the depth chart is set in stone, so much as they are saying that Bonino has earned first crack. Where it goes from there... well, that's up to them.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote