View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
Chris Clark was a good player for what he brought to the ice. Just cuz he scored 30 goals one year doesn't make him a bad player -lol- there is so much wrong with that logic I don't know where to start.

Clark was the captain of the Capitals which proves his worth as a hockey player.

Funny how easy some ppull jump on bandwagons.

Chris Clark was NOT the worst player to hit 30 goals since the 2002 season.

In my opinion that would be either Mark Parrish who did it in 02 or Jussi Jokinen who did it in 10. Clark is, IMCO, easily a better player then either or those two.

The ppull mentioning Prucha and Svatos aren't far off the right answer.
Clark wasn't captain of the Capitals because he was the best player, he was captain because of his locker room leadership and work ethic. Considering other recent Caps captains (Halpern, Hunter, Konowalchuk, Witt) it becomes clear the type of player the franchise likes to appoint captain. Oates and Ovechkin are the only "skill" guys recently named captains of the Caps (spare the Ovie shouldn't be the Captain BS for another thread).

Clark was a 3rd/4th liner who rode Ovechkin's coat tales to a 30 goal season. He never scored more than 10 goals or 25 points when he wasn't on Ovechkin's line. And the only reason he was on Ovie's line was because they were garbage Caps teams that only managed to get 70 points over the course of the season (guys like Brian Willsie and Matt Pettinger were in the top six as well).

Clark couldn't even hold down a role with the AHL Providence Bruins this season. I would definitely take both Parrish and Jokinen over Clark.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote