View Single Post
Old
05-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Habs Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro
I would not touch Savard. Odds are, after the stats he just put up, he will get a rich contract that may hinder a team's cap space over the course of the contract. We may have seen the best of Savard this year and I don't want the Habs to be the team that gets stuck with the bad contract.

As for Brad Richards, I would be thrilled to see the Habs get him. But I highly doubt it will happen because:
(1) I see TB re-signing him and then trading away St.Louis
(2) The package to get him would be too high. It would cost the Habs too much of their young, up and coming players like Higgins and Komi and to me it is a no go. In the age of the salary cap, young cheap players who contribute like Komi and Higgins are very important assets to keep
Everyone's talking about a big deal, but let's not forget that he is a Restricted Free Agent... We have a ton of Cap ROom, and there is no way that Tampa would be able to match a big offer for him... now the question is whether Gainey wants to give away some draft picks as compensation... it's going to be a very interesting off season!