View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Tuomaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
I really don't get it. Why do you think Granlund's playmaking is better than Koivu's? Do you have any numbers to prove that? You stated this multiple times and you use it as an argument against Bärtschi. But all I can see is a "His playmaking is better than Koivu's because I said so!" type of argument from your side. That's something I'd expect from a 1st grader. But since I think that you aren't a first grader, I hope you have something to prove your opinion.

I'm sorry, but your responses make you look like a massive homer. That's nothing tragical, I'm one by myself (Hey, I voted Bärtschi because I hope he ends up better than Granlund, not because I think he'll be better than Granlund ) as most users on these boards are.

It's okay to vote for Granlund. It's okay to vote for Bärtschi. But it's NOT okay to say one prospect is worse because of his nationality. I mean, it would be understandable if we were talking about a guy from Uganda or something like that. Still not okay, but understandable. But we are talking about Switzerland, a nation that has started to produce NHL players on a regular basis. Guys like Hiller, Gerber, Streit, Josi or Sbisa aren't a product of luck.

And last but not least: It's not okay to sell your opinion as a fact.

I'd agree with you on Granlund > Bärtschi. But you make it look like Granlund >>>>>>>>>>>> Bärtschi, which is laughable. They both had great junior careers so far. One guy was ripping the CHL apart (2.0 ppg) in his sophomore season, the other one proved that he's able to be a (close to) ppg player in a pro league in his draft year.

They are both great prospects with a bright future and very close skill-wise.

Pretty much every finn who have seen them play many times will tell you that Granlund's playmaking and vision are already better than Koivu's. This is a classic case where you, who clearly haven't seen Koivu and Granlund play nearly as much as for example Loffer. Then you open NHL.com and see Koivu's number and look up Granlund and see that he has not yet played in NHL then you attack with arguments "you sound like a 1st grade student" and so on. But you could have looked up their numbers in FEL and there you can see the difference in Granlund and Koivu.

Tuomaz is online now   Reply With Quote