View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Minnesota Wild Inter-Lockout Team

Thought this would be fun. And a departure from my stats-driven, pessimistic, confrontational articles.

First Round Bust

Quote:
Flash back to 2005...starved for hockey, I bought a pair of skates and a stick and got back on the pond. I was unathletic, out of shape, and determined to play in the annual pond hockey tournament. Meanwhile, the Wild returned from the lockout with such heroes as...Alexander Daigle and Marc Chouinard? Those cheap ******** spent a cool $25M on the roster. Of course, we missed the playoffs and drafted 9th overall.

All the way up to 2012...I’m still unathletic, out of shape, and have played probably 200 games of hockey (yet no pond hockey tournament). Meanwhile, the Wild racked up $55M on roster players such as...Warren Peters and Brad Staubitz. Yikes. Of course, we missed the playoffs and drafted 7th overall.

Somewhere in there were a few great years of hockey. Former owner Bob Naegele and (thankfully) former GM Doug Risebrough got out the checkbook and signed a couple solid players. The team made the playoffs a couple times. Even won the division once.
Who's your starting lineup for the inter-lockout Minnesota Wild?

Last edited by Jarick: 11-06-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote