View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
# 16 Rasmus Ristolainen, D, TPS, SM-Liiga, Finland

I'm not as high as most on Ristolainen, that said, he'd in the right place behind a player like Hamilton for Boston.

# 17 Josh Morrissey, D, Prince Albert Raiders, WHL

Again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Morrissey go much higher in the draft but there's so much talent this year that some players will "fall" a bit. Blues have a nice group of forwards but could use some help on the left side of their defence.

# 18 Anthony Duclair, LW, Québec Remparts, LHJMQ

I liked Duclair as much if not more than Drouin coming out of Midget AAA. He has done very well for himself up to his injury this year. Complete forward who has added quite a few pounds since joining the Remparts. One of my favorites of the draft.

# 19 Kerby Rychel, LW, Windsor Spitfires, OHL

Every year I'm thinking the Coyotes will want to add offence, but they rarely do so. I still think Rychel would be a good fit for them on the left side.

# 20 Jordan Subban, D, Belleville Bulls, OHL

The Sharks have very few if any offensive players from the backend. Subban could takeover for Boyle in a few years.

# 21 Darnell Nurse, D, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL

Although the Devils may want to add forwards, I think Nurse is good value at this point. Terrific athlete and still tons of room to develop as a hockey player.

# 22 Artturi Lehkonen, RW, KalPa, SM-Liiga, Finland

No glaring holes in the Wild depth chart. Lehkonen is having himself a solid year in Finland.

# 23 Bo Horvat, LW, London Knights, OHL

Sounds like your typical Wings player. Solid 2-way game, leaderhip qualities and everything.

# 24 Gustav Possler, RW, MODO Hockey, SuperElit, Sweden

I thought Possler would have had the chance to play in the Elitserien this year given his late-season success last year (1G in 2GP but still). Not sure what the plan is with Glennie but Dallas could use some talent on the right side.

# 25 Robert Hägg, D, MODO Hockey, SuperElit, Sweden

Nashville has done a good job building depth at all positions, that said, they could still use some help on the left side of their defense with a big d-man.

# 26 Marc-Olivier Roy, RW, Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, LHJMQ

Big fan of Marc-Olivier Roy. Should at least become a good 2-way forward in the NHL. May be more of a system guy though. Sabres don't really have depth on the right side.

# 27 Frédérik Gauthier, C, Rimouski Océanic, LHJMQ

Kid is having a great start this year with Rimouski. Big guy with good skating abilities.

Probably fits more in a defensive role. Not sure what the plan is with Pitlick, as he doesn't seem to progress much.

# 28 Zachary Fucale, G, Halifax Mooseheads, LHJMQ

A bit of a down year for Fucale so far but potential is there. Hawks don't have much down the pipe in net.

# 29 (from Los Angeles) Ryan Hartman, F, Plymouth Whalers, OHL

People are down on Hartman but I think he's having a fine year nonetheless. Another good 2-way forward for Columbus.

# 30 Spencer Martin, G, Mississauga Steelheads, OHL

Depite Carey Price's long-term contract, Habs don't have much goaltending depth. Timmins has liked tall goalies, Martin will fit the mold. Martin has been probably the top goalie so far in the CHL with John Gibson.

Last edited by Mathletic: 11-05-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote