View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 05:21 PM
bigd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Honestly, the only guy down in WBS that I think will start with the Pens if there is a season is Tangradi. Despres will get caught in the numbers game. There's no reason to lose Strait/Bortuzzo to waivers to clear a spot for him, especially since his play at WBS hasn't been good enough to warrant it. Not that Despres has played poorly but he hasn't played well enough to lose one of S/B for nothing on waivers.

Dumoulin has played well but he's the 4th (maybe 5th) d-man on the totem pole in order of making the jump from WBS to the Pens. So unless there are a ton of injuries or some unexpected transactions, I don't think Dumoulin will see time with the Pens this season.
Agreed. Out of all the D-man I think Dumoulin has impressed me the most just because he's a rookie that doesn't look like a rookie. But he is definetly behind Strait, Bortuzzo, Reese, and Despres. I don't care how good he looks, he's getting sheltered minutes. They aren't going to lose Strait or Bortuzzo for nothing. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him get some NHL games in this season due to injuries.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote