View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Who said I was opposed to anything? he IS earning it right now with the way he is playing. jesus all i suggested is he could be on a scoring line for us and you guys jump all over me and paint me as some sort of bonino hater, also I never said Etem would for sure make the ducks out of camp so stop making things up that i haven't posted
The point is though, that Holland isn't dominating the league like those two did, and those two started.....not on the second line. He's proven the right to a call up, not to be given a top 6 role. The coaching staff the last 2 years running has said Bonino has been far and away the strongest player on the farm team and that's why he got the most call up time. He struggled. Palmieri was 2. He struggled. There's no reason to suspect Holland would be any different.

I think there's some overrating as to how hard it is against the teams they've played as well. Winnipeg and San Jose are two of the worst prospect pools in the league, the Rangers' top prospects are forwards, not defensemen, and Ottawa traded their only defensive (prospect) stud to Phoenix. Holland isn't playing in a checking role. I'm going to guess his 23.8 shooting percentage is also just a bit misleading for the long term.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote