View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
KICKsaveANDaBeauty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeekid07 View Post
Went to tonights game and have a quick story.

I am a senior at SUNY Oneonta and met a few of my friends from SUNY Albany at the game. Talbot was simply unreal tonight, stole that game from Albany! The Devils did hit 3 or 4 posts though, but he made 44? saves and was 5 for 5 on the shootout, unreal.

After the game, me and my friends went down to the team bus and got pics with everyone...except for Chris Kreider. Everyone was very friendly, even Adam Henqique after telling him that I hate him for the game winner in the playoffs.

There were about 10 to 15 people waiting outside including a mom and her autistic son, who got a broken stick from Chris before the game. Kreider was the last one out and he immediately tried to go around the bus so no one could reach him. The mom chased after him asking to sign the stick, which he did AFTER chasing him down. We all were waiting for him at the front of the bus and he kept his head down, he signs one puck and says "there are too many of you" and got on the bus and away it left. After seeing all the class acts (Borque, Coach Buke, Thomas, Miller, Newbury, Hrivik, Talbot, the whole team was very friendly and seemed appreciative of the fans waiting) it was really a sad ending to a great night. I am not sure if it was him being bitter over his 4 penalties, but the way Kreider acted was just unprofessional towards his fans. I was even wearing my Kreider jersey (as were others) and he couldn't give us the time of day. I hope this was just a one night thing and his "fame" isn't getting to his head
I was fortunately that one puck lol. I saw you there. I was the other guy with the Kreider jersey on. Was there with my 2 Devil fan friends. Besides the bad night for him, I'm pretty sure he walked out with his family so I guess thats why he took so long to come out. You're right though, everyone else was really top notch. The Devil players were great, too. I didnt see Thomas come out, which I was pretty disappointed about.