View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Although I am as excited as everybody regarding Galchenyuk's immense skillset and his development so far, how can anyone claim that he is more NHL ready than Leblanc?

Leblanc actually played and did good in the NHL, while Galchenyuk is dominating at the Junior level so far. It's good, but we cannot claim that he actually would come in as dominating.

Leblanc is much more closer to having achieved his upper level of skill, while Galchenyuk can still build up on every levels. I'd get Leblanc on our lineup before Gal.

Obviously, except if we are in the middle of the playoffs.. Then I'd pick young gamebreaker explosive talent
Keep in mind that next season there is only two possible outcomes for Gally, back to Sarnia or in Montreal. Hamilton isn't an option for him, unfortunately.

I'm not sure that another season in Sarnia if he continues to dominate like this is really a viable option for him or the big club. Leblanc is definitely good enough to play on this hockey team but in what capacity? There isn't really a "scoring" spot open for him and we have a glut of 3rd-4th liners with experience.

I still think he has Top-6 upside, just not sure we will see him in that type of capacity until guys like Gionta/Cole are no longer producing.