View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I opened 230k worth of packs (pure pucks, no money spent..) on Friday night and the best player I got in return was Keith Yandle. Nevermind the fact that they give Healing cards and **** jerseys as "rares", but they dont even give out the correct amount of rares that their packs claim too.

In all honesty they are thief's and anyone who spends there hard earned dollars on packs and has the same outcome has every right to be livid.

I had a net loss of 200,000 pucks after I sold everything of significance from over 30+ premium gold/jumbo packs. Awesome, isn't it?

I have opened well over 50 premium gold+ packs and have never drawn a player over 85 overall.

"The best pack to find those elite players...." yeah, ok EA.

Call me a sucker if you want, but in all honesty I am completely bored with icing the same roster on a consistent basis and have spent more than enough time searching for decent deals on the AH. Opening packs should be the primary way of building a team in my opinion.
They are legitimately thieves

I have no shame in admitting I have spent maybe 15 bucks on packs, and once when I got a premium gold jumbo, my only player above 80 was ryan jones, even though they are supposedly guaranteed 5 rares

I called EA, and they basically sent me through this giant bearucracy where I talked to one person, who sent me to someone else, who told me to call someone else, who emailed me something else, etc. Its been two weeks now and I havent heard back. I realize the pack only cost 2 dollars but seriously I just want to get a new pack, how is that so hard?

I dont even know what I can do... Its like the US government, impossible for any action. There are like checks and balances just to get a refund or a new pack

I dont know what I can even do, like I said its only like 2 dollars, but the fact that I didnt get what I paid for makes me really mad. I wish there was like a manager that I could speak to, but I guess now that they have my 60 dollars they dont care if I like it or not haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Anybody have SOTW Zetterberg? I will make you a legit offer, no bs. PM me. Xbox 360.

No it shouldn't. Especially when there are no career limits. The whole point of it being so rare to get a good card in a pack, is because once they're out there, they're out there forever. If you constantly got good cards in packs, people could just spend X number of dollars and get a great team, which would be incredibly stupid. It's all luck, I opened 1 premium gold jumbo yesterday, and ended up with St. Louis. I've also opened up about 24 other gold packs, and have gotten lucky a couple times with regular Suter once, and regular Duchene once, but for most of the other ones, I didn't get any good players. That's how it should be.

One thing that I HATE, is that you can't pull a trade down once you offer it. Someone put SOTW Zetterberg up for 3 hours with a 125k starting bid, with no BIN. Now, either this guy had no idea what he had, or he wanted a bid war. I didn't want to offer a trade, and have it up there for 3 hours. Or god forbid, offer a trade, and then have him not respond, and then I win the bid, and lose the pucks I offered in the trade (horrible glitch, if you haven't heard about it yet). Within 5 minutes, it was gone, someone must've offered him a trade and he took it. I mean at the VERY least, give us the means to contact that person and talk to them, and negotiate something. And fix that glitch, that's horrible.

I wasn't going to offer the guy 300k in a trade, and then be out that 300k for 3 hours if he doesn't respond to the trade. You shouldn't be able to pull down things you put up for auction, but you should 100% be able to take down a trade that you've offered.
I agree with you in ways, in taht it should be harder to get star players now that there are no contracts, but tell me you dont feel ripped off after getting a gold pack with Brent Lebda and two rare injury cards or something like that...

Its total bull. A great idea for EA, would be to make Injury cards ACTUALLY RARE. Like rarer than a captain, change team, change position card. Then we would actually give a **** about injuries.

But I agree with High Life Man that using packs is the most fun way to make a team, but EA is making that impossible. I would like to open more packs, thats all I did in HUT 2012, but its just not worth it at all in 13...

One thing I would love to see is like a boom or bust pack, where you are going to get ONE card, and there is a 50 percent chance it will be an 85 or above, but a 50 percent chance it could be an injury card or something ******. Charge 7.5k for it, and Ill take that gamble.

And I 100 percent agree on the removing trade ofers feature. I know your struggles

Last edited by Pay Carl: 11-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.