View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
As shown in title, which holds more value?

A high scoring winger capable of 40-40 and does little else (Kessel, Kane). Also major game breaker.

A two way centre with perpetual 30-30 and is excellent in all areas of the game.
Does little else? Kane isn't a high scoring winger that hangs around the slot and perimeter waiting for a pass to get off a shot. Kessel and Sharp have far more in common than Kessel and Kane. Kane has more in common with players like Hossa and St. Louis where he controls the game by being the go to transition forward, creating turnovers in the neutral zone, and keeping the play alive in the offensive zone for a puck possession team. Didn't you see the game against Toronto last year where Kane was our first line center?? Kane has a nice little wrister but he isn't a goal-scoring sniper, he's really an offensive catalyst for the rest of the team who plays more like a center than a winger.

But, as for snipers who average 10-20 points higher than good two-way centers, If I had to choose a group of 3, I think the team would be better off with 3 two-way centers than three snipers.

Kesler-Toews-Datsyuk

Vs

Neal-Kessel-Kovalchuck

I'd say that's a no-brainer.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote