View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Randy8706

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
As a proposed 2nd liner, he can't really move up the lineup, only down.

The whole sometimes sticks up for teammates (ragdolling LaRose, is there even another example of this from his two seasons with us?), sometimes plays with an edge, hard worker, etc can be said about 90% of the NHL players.

Neither Carlyle and Wilson trusted him enough to put him out for more than one shift on the PK all season long. Can you think of an outstanding defensive play that he's made over the last two seasons? You know, like, remember when Brent blocked 3 E. Staal shots from the point on the same 5 on 3 PK? Broke up a partial breakaway by Iginla that resulted in a rush the opposite way, on which Kessel managed to capitalize (without Bozak even getting an assist)?

He's an all right playmaker (better than Kulemin and Grabo, at any rate), but not really anything special that would make me say: "Ok, he doesn't have any intangibles, but he's such a good playmaker that I would love to keep him around."
I disagree. I say *if* he was thrown on the first line with let's say grabo and kessel he could more than pull his own weight. Just like he could fit well in a second or a third line role as well. How quick people are to forget how potent of a line Macarthur Grabo Kulemin was..

Randy8706 is offline   Reply With Quote