View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 01:51 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkmtv com View Post
I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything, but I would truly like to know...why have so many of you de-valued Matt Duchene so much recently?
no reasonable person has devalued him. Even the most stringent of critics are well aware that in his short career he has placed 3rd in Calder voting, went to an All-Star game, led the team in points and goals, and has scored more goals+assists than any other player in his draft year after Tavares. Duchene has every skill necessary to be a star player in the NHL through his entire career.

That said, his last season was poor because of a weak and downright lazy playing style, not injuries or coaching decisions. Instead of pushing the play to a high-percentage area and working with teammates, Duchene attempted power moves and dekes that have little efficiency outside of junior hockey. This would not have been troubling for a few games, but he did it the entire year and never showed that he was willing to learn from his mistakes and adapt his game. No player on the team last season showed a worse work ethic than Duchene. Guys who are objectively not capable of NHL-level production like Lindstrom, Kobasew, and Mueller all looked better last season than Duchene did. I find that very, very discouraging.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote