View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Marleau is certainly more valuable than Luongo.

I love how you claim that forwards can lose their impact/explosiveness earliest out of all positions when the player you're talking about had his three best goal-scoring seasons at ages 29-31. In fact, it's a generally accepted fact that most goaltenders experience a significant drop in performance level at age 32-33.

Cap hit is favoring Luongo? Come on, you mention that, and don't mention that Marleau's off the books in a year and a half (and will be due for a pay cut), but Luongo is on the books until the end of time? Talk about manipulating the facts.

Anyway, personally I don't at all like Lupul, so his inclusion doesn't do anything for me. But it does wreck the Leafs forwards. Do they even have anyone left but Kessel, Grabovski, JVR, and Marleau? Yuck.

Anyways... Lets not turn this into a pissing match over who has more value. There'd be a greater market for Marleau, but Luongo would provide more impact. Marleau is signed for a shorter term, but Luongo is cheaper and more likely to last longer(look at the percentage of goalies playing well into their late 30s compared to forwards).

It would ultimately rely on intangible factors as to whom would garner more, but as SJ isn't looking to trade Marleau, it doesn't matter anyways.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote