View Single Post
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Maybe HE can score
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by
1. Thomas didn't have lots of NHL wear and tear.
2. Vokoun was 35 all of last season, and he was not a quality starter.
3. Brodeur is a legend.
4. Nabokov was barely a starter last season. His last real starting season was his age 34 season in 09-10.
5. Backstrom was 33 most of last season.
6. Kipper is duly noted.
7. Jose Theodore, really? He was 35 all of last season, and he was not a quality starter.
8. Khabibulin, really? He hasn't played more than 50 games since he was 33. Two years ago he put up a .891 sv% over 46 games. Not the best example.
Really, Kipprusoff is the only guy on there who's a point. You can't compare Luongo to Brodeur.
Luongo's a lot closer to Kipprusoff and Thomas and yes, Brodeur, than he is to goalies that aren't.
Nabokov was perfectly fine in net, having never dipped below .910 sv% in the past 5 years.
Vokoun was also fine in net, not sure what you mean by not being a "quality starter". Luongo is better than most of these goalies. When's the last time a goalie of similar calibre to Luongo had his play drop off dramatically before he was 35?
And it's still a far cry from "32-33" when most goalies suffer a significant drop off, according to you.
View Public Profile
Vankiller Whale's albums
Find More Posts by Vankiller Whale