Thread: Value of: Evgeni Malkin
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Kobe managed to lead the Lakers to a few championships without a supporting cast in his prime.

Wait are we talking about a signed Malkin here? I assumed this thread was based upon what is next contract value would be? I mean if we are just talking about Malkin as a rental then I see him garnering something similar to what Kovi received. But if this is a signed long term then the sky is the limit.
First of all: Ouch. Kobe is probably the luckiest guy ever when it comes to teammates. He never won anything without having the best front court besides him. Give Garnett, Duncan or Dirk the equivalent of his teammates and Duncan tops Russell and Garnett and Dirk are close to or have even more than 5 rings ( Kobe s ego cost him a few rings)

Secondly: Malkin will never return those crazy packages. He simply is not going to go for Pietrangelo,Oshie,Tarasenko and a 1st.

No player in the league is worth that. And no player will fetch it.

The only reason anyone would trade Malkin is if there are some issues with him. Namely if he wants out or too rich of a contract ( aka he would bolt). If that happens, you are gonna get a great return but not some crazy package which includes 3 cornerstone pieces.

It would probably be one top dman ( a step below Pietrangelo) + futures(1st + decent prospect)