View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 03:30 AM
tommy89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
He's improved a bit from last year but he still struggles with consistency especially on a shift-to-shift basis. He still owns one of the best releases in the OHL but hasn't found the back of the net as much as I expected him to especially considering his line mates. He's getting much better on the defensive side of the puck and shows better in battles. His puck handling skills have also improved but he still struggles at times if under pressure

Overall, Boucher has been good. With more consistency over the entire season and his development is on track
I agree with all of what was said by Dean. On the note of his shot/shooting I'd like to point out tho that I think the problem he has run into this year is that he has become much more predictable for goalies. His shoot from anywhere style made him dangerous in the offensive zone last season(still is), but now more established in the OHL he needs to pick up more of a willingness to pass in order to keep the goaltenders guessing, thats not a knock on his team play either. I'm just saying if I'm a goalie and he's comming in on me 2 on 1 with the puck, I know what he's going to do with it

As I also expected Reid to put up 30-40 this season as Lavy said and he's certinaly behind that pace right now, but I think he does have a breakout weekend up his sleeve and that gets him going. On a good note I've definately noticed his 2 way game has improved which was a must considering his poor +/- last season.