View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Only time will tell. Brunner was a late bloomer and is 26 now, not among the very youngest anymore, but he's also better than ever before. I'd say if he makes it, he still can have 5+ good years in the NHL. There are several threads and articles on him to be found.

Brunner is a somewhat controversial person among Swiss hockey fans, but IMO mostly due to him being awesome on the ice. I guess that comes with the success, haters are never far away. Some might say he is an arrogant and sometimes whiny ass, others might say he is just going his way. He has a lot of confidence and seems to be very determined. He is also a bit of a cheeky monkey and thus makes plays on the ice that others wouldn't, which is a factor for his late success in the NLA.

He dominated the last season and was the first Swiss player to win the scoring title since 30 years, and he did that by an impressive margin. He had 60 points in 45 games, the next player was at 51pts in 49 games. He just made it look so easy, it was a treat to watch. He also played a good WC tournament, so the next logical step was to sign with an NHL team.

I would say too that Brunner is a step above Wick or Ambühl. They are good players on their own but they were never the dominant difference makers that Brunner is. He is clearly the best Swiss forward since a long time, and in the short future I can only see Sven Bärtschi (and hopefully Nino Niederreiter) being better than him.
Just took this quote from the prospects -side.

Arrogant, whiny ass, walks his own way. I'm starting to like him.

Brett Hull was kind of same. A bad bad hockeyplayer.

I just can see Mike Babcock yelling for the team at practise:

"Look at this guy. He understands what this sport is about. Shoot the god damn puck in the mutha****ing goal. He understands it, Sammy understands it, shoot shoot shoot. Shoot, win games and shoot. Don't circle in the corners, and avoid the contact, cut in the middle and shoot the god damn puck. The goals won't come if you don't shoot. Right, Val?"

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote