View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 08:17 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Zubov kept working on his game, I admired that guy a lot. He wasn't that good defensively until he went to Dallas and really worked on his game and this was a yearly thing with him, the guy just kept getting better and it wasn't like he was a young guy either.

It's sad that work ethic isn't a given with every player.

As long as these kids can pick up Sid's work ethic because of the team they are a part of, they will go far. I am a huge Malkin fan like every other Pens fan, but the moment he started to finally pick up Sid's work ethic with health, after a bad injury mind you, he became another player, the best in the league hands down.
Yeah i like Zubov a lot too. IMO he was right up there with Coffey in terms of elite passing defenseman. Its pretty well known that "someone" didn't like Zubov during his time with the Pens. I have to guess that its more about Zubov off the ice more than on.

Good call on Sid. I think he had as much to do with the Pens losing that country club atmosphere as MT. Never mind him turning some players around, he's turned the organization around. He's so gung ho about everything. To be honest I think the Pens reighn him in a little bit... I really, REALLY hate that.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote