View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 08:56 AM
JAVO16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
2nd to none was an expression, but you're mistaken in any event. I followed Forsberg career entirely. There's no way you can say those guys (maybe Lemieux) had better hands. At the same time, you can't really say Forsberg had better hands than Jagr either. They're all in the same category imo. Forsberg doesn't get as much recognition because he was injured quite often, not to mention playing in the west most of his career.

I mean, even Lemieux played 200 more games than him.
Well, I don't see it the same, but, that may simply because of the way I decompose a player's skills. I see that some of the incredible plays Forsberg did was because he had good hands, but more importantly was very strong on the puck (like a bulldog) and could see the openings that where given to him because of his vision (plays that the opponents didn't expect him to do). For example, many other players might have had the hands to do the moves Forsberg did to score his goals or make his passes, but they didn't have his strength on the puck to pull off these moves with defenders draped over them.

In any case, Galchenyuk seems to have that vision that enables him to take advantage of whatever space the other team gives him and he seems very strong on the puck too. Now, it remains to be seen if he'll be able to do that at the NHL level like Forsberg, but he has the tools for it. Also, from all accounts, he's a very driven player, like Forsberg, even though he doesn't hit like him. Finally, like Forsberg, he has a very good shot, but he seems to be more of a playmaker anyway.

All that to say that if Galchenyuk becomes anywhere near the caliber of player that Forsberg was, we're all in for a treat.