View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
This is one reason I don't like Romney. I live in a state that borders Massachusetts. He made the news here plenty. As the governor there he seemed like a RINO, a Republican in Name Only who really held many liberal positions, including passing a healthcare law that was the basis for Obamacare, which he now discredits. Then in the primaries, he slanted heavily to the right in order to get the votes from the Bible belt, flipping many of his previous positions and hoping that everyone would forget. And now in the general election he has attempted to paint himself as a moderate.

Which one of these three men is the real Romney? I really do not know, and that scares the hell out of me.
To be fair, Romney has said he likes the Obamacare type of health care in MA because it worked for that specific state. I think Romney is more of a pragmatist than people give him credit for, appeasing the far right to win the nomination, but I just can't see him being like that if he gets to the White House.

And I don't get why everyone says he's such a weak candidate, he's actually a pretty strong one considering he won the MA Governor race in a blue state. That is pretty damn impressive. McCain was a much weaker candidate and campaigner imo.