View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 12:13 PM
savey49
Rookie User

vCash: 500
My trade from Montreal to Phoenix took my by surprise. I found out at 6pm on the Friday before Super Bowl weekend. We had an afternoon game Saturday and Sunday i Montreal because of the football game. I was having Koivu and Rivet over for dinner when I got the call from GM Savard. I had to pack my bag and be on our owner Gilletts private plane at the airport by 7pm. Your life turns upside down in one phone call. I was out the door in 30 mins, said goodbye to the wife and son and the boys and off to the Molson Centre to get my equipment and sticks. Met Phoenix in Detroit and flew to Columbus were I played the next day. It was very weird putting on another jersey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
Welcome to the boards Brian! You were always my favorite hab when you were playing, and I was so mad when they traded you. Still remember the crazy Islander game where you had 6 points.

Speaking about the trade, how did it feel being traded? Some players demand for a trade, for others it comes out of the blue. It must be hard though, especially with a family and such. Sometimes we forget that players are human beings just like us and dont take into consideration how things like a trade affect players.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions!

savey49 is offline   Reply With Quote