View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Roadman
Moving On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
I'll concede that the season would give Davidson an excellent chance to evaluate the team, and that it would give alot of answers going forward of what to make our core group of players and who should be shipped out for other assets. And granted some guys like Erixon and Atkinson likely wouldn't get buried on the fourth line, (though Johan beating out two of Dubinsky, Anisimov, Brassard for the second line center job is unlikely).

However, while the draft is a big risk, we have something like an 11% chance of a number one which is about a better chance IMHO than we have of getting if there is a season (my bet is we pick about seventh), and not only that New York and LA are both likely to go deep in the playoffs meaning their picks would be late, late first, where as in the lottery either pick could be in the top 5.
The only way to know what there is to build on is to play. Too many reasons here to play.

If we play a three offensive line roll as been suggested then Johan fits right in, but how are we going to know if they don't skate. If he need's it he can stay in SPR, JD does preach patience.

The draft is a deep draft, any pick in the top ten will be an excellent pick. If the team flounders as is generally believed a lottery pick is possible. If, however, it does comes together, three picks in the first round will all be good picks. Think Boone Jenner. Why do so many eschew success? What is wrong with winning? Or if the staff think it wise, there are assets to move up.

I post, therefore I am.