Thread: OT: HF Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Hoogaar23

vCash: 500
I meant to post in this thread a few weeks ago. Friend of mine sent me a couple of cases of Westvleteren 12 (all the beer made it, but 2 of the 4 glasses unfortunately didn't survive - I drank to their memory)

So yeah - that **** is f'in great. Could very well be the best beer I ever had. Most definitely top 5. I started with an Orval just to get my taste buds warmed up (there is no funner beer to pop open with your lighter than an Orval - cap flies straight across the room with a loud POP every time, and scares the crap out of anyone within 20 feet!)

After 1 Orval and 3 Westvleteren 12, I must say I had a pretty good buzz going. I really wanted to crack open the other 6, but figured I'd save them for a year or so. That was a few weeks ago, and they keep teasing me every time I walk by them...don't know that they'll make it past the holidays.

It's a lot of money for beer, but like a few posters above said, would rather have one of those than 6 Bud/Coors/Molson/Whatever. Very easily at that.

Hoogaar23 is offline   Reply With Quote