View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
It takes the pressure off the kid. He seems to perform better as the reliever. Starting and relieving are different and some guys are better coming off the bench. If I was the coach, I might announce Friday that Joseph is starting and tell the team that the plan is to let Joseph run through Q1, then Nichols goes in. The offense plays differently under Nichols than Joseph. You can read it in their body language and their enthusiasm when Matt is at the helm. Notice I never said I would do the above. I'd start Nichols and tell him it's his job to lose. However, I think Joseph gets the start but both will play.
I just don't really see the point in tossing even away a quarter of the game. We know Joseph will do nothing, so why even try starting him? I would do what you would do. Nichols to start and Joseph if Matt is getting nowhere. My big issue with Joseph starting is that I don't see any way Reed pulls him before the half and by then it could be far too late.

As for the topic of if Reed is forgiven? Not by me. I get that he had extra responsibilities, but in game decisions were still horrible. I hope our next GM replaces him with his own guy.