View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 01:28 PM
savey49
Rookie User

vCash: 500
The trade to St. Louis was the weirdest. I was in LA and it was trade deadline day. I was on the ice with the Coyotes for pre game skate when I was pulled off the ice and they said I was traded to the BLUES. Got changed and headed back to the hotel to gather my stuff and talk to Blues GM about the trade. I flew back to PHX grabbed some suits and flew out to St. Louis that night. I sort of knew that it was a loaner deal meaning I would be sent back to PHX at the end of the season. It was great to have the chance to play in the playoffs again but got beat out by San Jose in first round. I signed with the Flyers after the lockout because I thought they had a good chance of going deep in the playoffs with the roster they had. It was one of my the best years in hockey. Hitchcock was the coach and we had great players like Forsberg, Gagne, Hatcher and a found Richards and Carter. My role was different with them as they wanted me to be a checking forward against top lines. We had a super year but we lost out to the Sabres in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen23 View Post
Hey Brian. Tremendous honor to speak with you. I am a Leaf fan, but you were always one player who I had a tremendous amount of respect for. For how hard you worked on the ice. I still remember being in shock when you were dealt to the Coyotes. Which team did you feel the most weird about joining? How was the St. Louis trade broken to you and how did you come about to signing with the Flyers? Thanks Brian, Fans really appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to answer some questions.

savey49 is offline   Reply With Quote