View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
Is he better off as a winger (his natural position) or as a centerman?
Centre, without a doubt. Where it be this year, last year in the playoffs, or his rookie season no matter what position he has played, he always occupies the centre of the ice. He likes to use the centre of the ice and creates his chances from there.

Galchenyuk hasn't played a whole lot of centre so far this season, but it's quite evident that he's going to dominate offensively no matter what position he plays. Whether that be centre or either wing. So him being better off at wing or centre has no bearing on his offense. It's his defence. While at centre he plays much better defensively because he doesn't really have a choice. At wing he chooses when he wants to play defence because that his centre's role.

Like I said though, he plays in the centre of the ice and he's pretty damn good defensively. Since I've started tracking his faceoff stats he's been at 64%, it's a small sample size, but the way he takes the draw has improved. He doesn't try to win to them cleanly every time any more. Those 3 things combined point towards him being better as centre in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Thanks man!

Exactly what I wanted!
No problem