View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by savey49 View Post
The trade to St. Louis was the weirdest. I was in LA and it was trade deadline day. I was on the ice with the Coyotes for pre game skate when I was pulled off the ice and they said I was traded to the BLUES. Got changed and headed back to the hotel to gather my stuff and talk to Blues GM about the trade. I flew back to PHX grabbed some suits and flew out to St. Louis that night. I sort of knew that it was a loaner deal meaning I would be sent back to PHX at the end of the season. It was great to have the chance to play in the playoffs again but got beat out by San Jose in first round. I signed with the Flyers after the lockout because I thought they had a good chance of going deep in the playoffs with the roster they had. It was one of my the best years in hockey. Hitchcock was the coach and we had great players like Forsberg, Gagne, Hatcher and a found Richards and Carter. My role was different with them as they wanted me to be a checking forward against top lines. We had a super year but we lost out to the Sabres in the first round.
Hi Brian, I just wanted to ask how you liked your stay in Philly? Although it was short that team we had that year was very fun to watch, Forsberg was always one of my favorites ever and it was awesome to see him lace them up in the Orange and Black, you had Gagne in the prime of his career, young up and comers in Richards and Carter and vets like Hatcher, Desjardins, Primeau and Knuble. Did you enjoy the fanbase and the city?

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote