Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Blues Prospects
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 02:56 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Look, friend, I took what was originally a condescending, mean-spirited post, realized it wasn't right to post, and changed it to be less confrontational. The preface was just to explain to anyone who had seen the original post why I changed it. I didn't mean (the second time around) to come off as condescending, but if you took it that way, I apologize.

Of course Hall and RNH are going to play in the AHL; they don't qualify to play in the KHL, and the AHL has the next-highest quality of competition. They had no choice, really. But Yakupov and Tarasenko, being Russian, are able to play in the KHL, which is currently the best league in the world, and they get to make a lot more money playing in their home country to boot. Plus, Tarasenko gets to play on a line with Kovalchuk, and I can't think of a better role model.

Sure, forcing Tarasenko would probably help the Blues' bottom line, but what benefit is there for Tarasenko, other than getting used to North American style of play? What if your boss told you that he was going to demote you, send you halfway across the world, and pay you less, all because your boss wants to get a little more money?
I'd say welcome to America in the real working world as bosses go....ha ha. KHL was the best place for him to go.