View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I don't see Colborne as having a higher ceiling than Schroeder or Gaunce. In fact, I think as more and more time passes Colborne is looking like he'll be nothing more than a bottom 6er.

Do you seriously think Kadri would be successful here? With how much of a stickler AV is for strong 2-way play, you think this is the right environment for Kadri to come in, knowing full well the crap he put up with in Toronto? He would likely last one season here before being waived, or dumped in a subsequent trade.

A cap dump should not be a key piece of a trade coming back to us.
Eventually one of Schroeder/Colborne would be moved, hopefully in a package for a player at the deadline. Colborne was battling with wrist injuries last year, but he should be fully recovered and NHL ready this season. He looked good in his brief stint a while back.

I think Kadri would be like Hodgson, able to play as a 3C, or even play wing on the 2nd line. Apart from the tensions having to do with his injuries, Hodgson did well, and I don't see why Kadri couldn't either.

If he's serviceable, why not? Connolly and Bozak are both tweener centres, having them on the 3rd line as insurance for any of the rookies we'll be trying out there is hardly a bad thing. It would only be for one year anyways. I'd prefer Bozak for cap purposes, but if taking Connolly means we get better futures, then I wouldn't mind taking him instead.