View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
Does anybody else feel like they'll need a primer course before they start following again whenever the NHL does start back up? I mean we are the hardest of hardcore fans. We sit around and debate about 18 year-old prospects and generally have what many people would consider an unhealthy knowledge of our teams and the league and prospects.

Yet in this barren time of the lockout I've visted this board maybe a handful of times, really only to see how people are coping. I have no interest in how prospects are doing. I don't care how many points Landeskog is putting up in a second-tier Swedish league. I don't care who is lighting up the KHL. I have no idea who is going to be any good or what our team is actually going to look like if the NHL takes the year off and doesn't start again till 2013.

Does that make me a bad 'hockey fan'? There is still hockey being played out there by players who normally I invest a great deal in but I just don't give a ****.
I don't think there's anything wrong with being an NHL fan, or even an Avalanche fan, exclusively. I'm in the same boat, for the most part. I'm not scrambling to watch any KHL games, and don't really care what everyone else is doing overseas, beyond being happy that they're playing, developing, and hopefully remaining healthy & conditioned for when the NHL starts back up. I love the Avalanche and my fanaticism is reserved for that team. I do watch playoff hockey even when we're out, but most of the fire to do so is laced with venom for the Red Wings and my purpose is to watch them get eliminated. I'll watch when they come back to the NHL, and that makes me an Avs fan, not a bad hockey fan. I believe the same goes for you, too.

SuperTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote