View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
palindrom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
With Quick at 5.8, I guess LA will never be competitive again? 6.5 is just a number. Compared to a lot of teams montreal can spend to the cap and others cannot. If you're worried about half a mil as to why Price is holding us back you're really forcing it.

Do you feel Philly won't be competitive now as they are wasting cash on Pronger who's cap hit counts even if he retires? What about the rangers, having now acquired nash at a tag of 7.8 mil? Is LA done because Quick now makes 5.8? The list goes on and on, you worry too much. This isn't Gomez territory, montreal spends way more than average anyway, if we're worried about a few mil its just an excuse for our failures as we already have advantage.

Flyers was indeed less successful with a top paid Bryzgalov than the average of the last few years. I also think they wont be as much competitive than if they could spend Pronger money elsewhere.

Well, if the next CBA doesnt change too many parameter...

Yes i believe LA will be less competitive now that they will pay Quick 5 800 000$, i also believe having a top goalie performance for a mere 1 800 000$ was a factor in winning the cup.

The same can be say for Nashville with Rinne at 7 000 000$

I have no problem paying Nash 7 800 000$ this is not a bad deal according to the market. While there are goalie like quick giving top performance for 1 800 000$, Smith at 2 000 000$; how many under 2 000 000$ (not on ELC) forwards can give Nash performance ?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote