View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savey49 View Post
My trade from Montreal to Phoenix took my by surprise. I found out at 6pm on the Friday before Super Bowl weekend. We had an afternoon game Saturday and Sunday i Montreal because of the football game. I was having Koivu and Rivet over for dinner when I got the call from GM Savard. I had to pack my bag and be on our owner Gilletts private plane at the airport by 7pm. Your life turns upside down in one phone call. I was out the door in 30 mins, said goodbye to the wife and son and the boys and off to the Molson Centre to get my equipment and sticks. Met Phoenix in Detroit and flew to Columbus were I played the next day. It was very weird putting on another jersey!!
I was in Montreal that weekend, and was down at the Bell Centre and the place was a buzz,RDS and TSN people were all over the place, my dad and I had just gotten in to Montreal, up from Nova Scotia... wasn't a fan of the trade, but Berezin did score the Habs 10,000th goal that sunday...

Welcome to the board Brian, hopefully we don't drive you insane while you are here...the Habs fans on this board are some of the most passionate and knowledge-able fans around...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote