View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I just honestly hope after the two sides meet today we don't hear "We're far apart" or "We're still speaking two different languages". I don't think we will, but with the clowns running this game it's possible.

I think they're close and there is certainly a deal to be made, though it seems many have been saying that for a while now. I think they know this as well, which has put some pressure on both sides to quit the dog and pony show and actually get a deal done. Truth is, whatever deal is signed, whenever that may be, it appears it WILL be in the form of (true) 50/50, and contracts signed will be honored.

Everyone and their dog knows there is a deal to be made here, so the circus between the two sides needs to stop and Bettman and Fehr must now be professionals and get this done.

Optimistic me says these monkeys figure it out and the puck is dropped by December 1st, and I think we see them crunch in a 70-72 game schedule.
At times like this when the process has seemed dysfunctional to date I always remind myself that despite how it looks these guys have all "eventually" got deals done over the years in different leagues. yea there have been some really ugly battles but it always gets done at some point. my hopes are that the gamesmanship has run its coarse and it's time now, but I too will remain guarded and temper my optimism for now.