View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 07:37 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
It's interesting to see a writer openly say that Glennie will probably be a 3rd liner, I have no opinion on his potential as I haven't really seen him play much, but the Stars would likely never be caught dead admitting that, and you don't see it said that much from different people covering the Stars. I was mostly disappointed the article didn't talk about his troubles lately, though.

I know it wasn't really the intent for you to do so, but it seems like poor timing to release an article about Glennie while not talking about it at all. I'd say that most of us have been very sensitive about the pick since the day it was made, and having him not play in the AHL to start the season is about our worst nightmare three years later, so I think regardless of your intention not addressing what is currently happening with him is going to leave us scratching our heads. Everything is pure speculation at this point on the subject, so I understand why you didn't. Personally, I might have waited to release your piece until we got confirmation on exactly what was going on, or until it blew over and he started playing (or didn't).
Merely an opinion - saying he will be this or that is too early right now.

It is conditioning related, as coach Willie stated. Beyond that, we don't know. Perhaps the injury prevented Glennie from training properly, perhaps he didn't put the work in. I'm not going to speculate.

Valid point though, and I will see if I can dig anything more up as the days/weeks progress. I'd imagine if/when the NHL season starts he'll have more of an opportunity, as at the very least Eakin and Vincour will be up in Dallas (and perhaps Chiasson if he can string together a few solid weeks of play before the season begins).

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote