View Single Post
Old
05-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Form and Substance

vCash: 500
OT- Met Charline Labonte (Canadian Women's team's goaltender)

Well here's a yarn for you fellas: I was skateboarding in the streets when I spotted Charline Labonte in her parked range Rover next to a beau soir in Point St. Charles (of all places) and quickly went to congratulate her on her gold medal (you have to support our brave women after all). I assume she was making her way or coming back from the Gadbois sports facility. Anyway, we had a fairly lengthy talk and spoke of her experience with Acadie-Bathurst (which I thought was the most sensationalistic part of our chat) how management and the team treated her well for the most part (the opponents would often try to get under her skin using sexist slurs) and of her experience in Torino. She had some really interesting things to say about the Canadian Men's team and other athletes. That was a riot. She also spoke about women's hockey in general, how it was making strides but was still severely lagging behind in funds and interest. The funniest part was when she spilled her cup of coffee (or whatever hot drink she was having) on her dashboard after saying she had pretty good hands for a goalie. It was funny seeing her flushing with shame whilst wiping the liquid contents from her seat. Overall, I found her to be a pretty level-headed and funny person. Pretty damn cute too.