Thread: Czech Republic: WJC 2013 Roster
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2012, 09:04 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
None of these players are great skaters though, same with Beran and a few others it matters on big ice. This is my concern for this team.
The Czech Republic hasn't been known to produce good skaters in recent years. Hyka and Sedlak are nice exceptions and Faksa is a very solid skater. Hertl, Frk and Stransky are average speedwise, but strong skaters who can make up with what they lack in speed in their skill sets. Jaskin and Beran aren't very fast, but both are skilled and big. Jaskin has the frame and skillset (although not the mean streak yet) of an NHL powerforward.

All in all I think this team will be good enough. Hertl was one of the most skilled players taken in 2012 and Faksa is big, strong and can rack up points while playing excellent defense. Adding a sniper like Frk, the skill of Stransky, the capabilities of Jaskin and the speed of Hyka and this team is looking very good.

I'm more worried about the lack of speed on the back end, but I think if Kostalek, Pavelka and Hrbas make the team that they should be average in that aspect. That being said Musil will be playing the most difficult minutes and although he lacks foot speed he makes up for it with his positioning and his defensive abilities. He's the defensive cornerstone to the Czech team so if they play a conservative game he'll keep them defensively sound.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote