Thread: Proposal: Edm-phx
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Your sarcasm is neither funny nor clever seeing as he is absolutely right. Let's trade an established number 1 defenseman for someone who is hyped, but hasn't done jack**** in the NHL. Doesn't make sense.

Despite what you may think, busts DO happen from time to time. I'm not saying he will be a bust, i actually think he'll turn out better than Hall. With that said, still doesn't change the fact that he is still unproven and a trade like that is too big of a risk. Would you trade Eberle for Gormley? Probably not.
Your line of thinking is a bit flawed. Yes, busts happen. But seeing how Yakupov dominated last season in junior, and is dominating now as a pro (albeit in a different league), and the fact that almost every team had him ranked to go first overall and everyone in the know thinks he will jump to the NHL and not lose a step, I don't see how his value is anything but through the roof. Rookie contracts and all that jazz. Especially when you consider that Phoenix's biggest strength is their defense, and their biggest weakness is pure scoring threats. Yandle for Yakupov makes much more sense to Phoenix than it does to Edmonton.

And might I add...

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote