Thread: Proposal: Edm-phx
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
MY comparison started as a question. Which is what I'm talking about, and was what started this whole debate. People are stumped as to why Phoenix would be hesitant to trade Yandle for Yakupov, which i then countered with the similar situation in which if EDM fans would be comfortable trading Eberle for Gormley. Unproven prospect for young effective player, both ways. The argument then turned into a dick measuring competition which implied that it wasn't a fair comparison seeing as unproven prospect A (Yakupov) is WAY better than unproven prospect B (Gormley), and that Eberle is worth more than Yandle. The latter part may be true, and i just might agree with it, but most people forget that Gormley was ranked and expected to go 3rd or 4th overall. Two different positions, point production should not be a factor on who is better. Especially seeing as neither have plaed a friggin NHL game yet. Was Ray Whitney a better player than Nik Lidstrom? Hard to tell eh?

Now before i get jumped again, I AM NOT SAYING GORMLEY IS BETTER THAN YAKUPOV. Case closed.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote