View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 01:08 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Even if he doesn't spend time on a line with them, he will still see improved numbers due to the fact that he won't be keyed on as a top offensive player. In Columbus, there are no elite level players ahead of him on the depth chart, and thus he will see more time against the Duncan Keiths, Ryan Suters, and Zdeno Charas of the league.
I disagree. Dubi seems to be at his best as one of the focal points. His best season (year before last), Richards hadn't arrived yet and Gaborik missed extended time (and didn't play well when he wasn't injured). Dubinsky led the team in scoring. The year before that, Gaborik was awesome, but nobody else did much besides him, Prospal and Dubinsky.

I get your argument, and normally I would agree with the logic, but Dubinsky's track record just shows that he doesn't quite fit that mold. I still think that a big part of his slump from last season was the fact that Torts immediately pulled him down to the bottom 6 (while other players like Anisimov, Callahan, and Richards got copious chances to redeem themselves). Put Dubi in the mix, and he'll come through.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote