View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
I think you pretty much nailed it. If JIG actually agrees to such a drastic cut then Glendale should jump on it. By rights the AMF should be capital costs (which increases with more events) + small management fee ($250k to $1m is the standard) + percentage of profits. With most arenas this works out to the $6m to $11m range. Would also avoid any gift clause challenge.

But to be honest, Gramps doesn't seem too interested in any cuts to the current deal. Clearly he wants Glendale to subsidize team losses and help his investors make money. After tonight, without a game changer showing up, I don't see any path that realistically keeps the Coyotes in Arizona.
Jamison is not the big investor here, and all signs indicate that any potential owner needs a sizable subsidy to be enticed to purchase the Coyotes and sign a long-term lease in Glendale. Unless the NHL makes a major move to lower the purchase price, I can't see how Jamison or any owner will agree to much less of a subsidy than is in the current lease.