Thread: Proposal: Edmonton, Phoenix, Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 05:29 AM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Amazing overall 2nd line pivot, a first pairing d-man and a bit of cap space? We could do worse. But like I said later, I'd do Yandle + Hanzal for Gagner + Yakupov.

Hall-Hopkins-Hemsky
MPS-Hanzal-Eberle

Nothing wrong with that top six.

Yandle-Schultz
Petry-Smid

Loving that top 4

Heck, if this year is written off add Marincin and Klefbom as the third pairing and I like the size, speed, scoring upside and athleticism we've got on the back end.

Hartikainen-Lander-Pitlick <<<--- That's a REAL checking line. Probably not NHL ready until the 14/15 season, thought. Till then sub Pitlick and Lander with Horcoff and Smyth.

IMO, that's a playoff team going forward. If Scultz, Klefbom, Hall, Eberle and Hopkins are for real, we've got nothing to worry about.
Still not really worth it. Hanzal and Yandle are nice, but have you seen Yakupov play in the KHL? He can score 35 goals at least as a rookie, just from getting the puck in their zone and shooting. His shot is already elite, forgetting his speed and vision, he is easily capable of even 40 goals in his rookie season. Playing with RNH he will constantly get chances and his shot is far better than Eberle who was just an all star many thanks to RNH feeding him all year.

We will get a top defenceman through other means such as free agency. I wonder what Phoenix would want for Hanzal though, he is a player we should want.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote