View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 05:51 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
That wasn't the problem between Zubov and Lemieux. The problem was Zubov would never shoot the puck to the point other teams knew he would never shoot the puck. It used to frustrate Lemieux to no end. You could see Lemieux kill Zubov with his eyes after not shooting the puck.

That said, I loved Zubov. He was Kris Letang minus the grit and shot. Amazing skater and playmaker. When I saw we traded him for Kevin Hatcher, I about threw up I was so disappointed in Patrick at the time.
Thats what was said but the PP was clicking at 25% for most of that year. It makes me wonder if it was Zubov's off ice troubles that came into play.

Maybe they just weren't on the same page on the ice. I remember Mario's 5 goal game against the Blues. On one PP Zubov didn't get him the puck and Lemieux gave him some eye daggers.

Getting back to Pouliot... why do people attack his physical game? He might not be a big splashy hitter but he gets involved and rubs out players along the boards. He's not wimpy by any means.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote