View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 08:18 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
I think the book is out on Ovechkin, he needs to be more creative instead of doing the same thing over and over again. An example would be the Mtl-Wash series were he was completely neutralized - Habs simply isolated him from his teammates when he had the puck, so he held to it and made millions of low percentage shots over that made Halak look like a hero. Backstrom appeared far more dangerous in that series because he was more unpredictable.

Even if stays the same old he'll likely remain a 30-40g scorer because he still has an amazing skillset. He'll need to update his game plan if he wants to return to 90-100pts status however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
not really. that happened midway thru 2009-2010. he scored 50. he scored 5 in the 7 game playoffs with montreal plus the contriversial lost tying goal.
Didn't he score like 4 of these goals in the first 2 or 3 games? Just to clear things up before I get attacked on this, I don't think he disappeared in the Montreal series, just that he was constantly frustrated and unable to do his thing as usual.