View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 08:33 AM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
We have a really good prospect pool - and have, from what i can tell, more nhl-worthy prospects than can play on the team. i'd like to see the team start moving people up or out...i don't mean just cutting people loose or anything like that. but for some of the more skilled players - it's better to start looking at whether they have value for us now or can get us value than leaving them in the AHL until they're 23-4+, etc.

One thing about the lockout if i've spent more time paying more detailed attention to our prospects - and they make me happy!
I really like the prospect pool and I agree with your thoughts on the pool. I would like to see them start moving some of them out as well. Similar to 2006, I really like the group, but certainly not sure about any of the individuals. I don't think any should be considered untouchable.

While I'm not a big fan of projecting individuals to accomplish certain things on this Hawks' roster, I'm a big fan of the quantity that looks like they could contribute at the NHL level. I think the best part about the pool is that so many will be pushing the bottom pair and bottom 6 for ice time and that should raise quality of play up significantly even if the skill falls short of expectations (as prospect projections often do).

Speaking of Brouwer and Kopecky, I'm glad the Hawks finally have some bigger bodies and bodies that play a little bigger ready to fight for ice time the next few years.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote