View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 10:26 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
So top 4 potential automatically means top 2 to you?
Where did I say that? Watch, read reports, decide for yourself. Plus, top 4 means anywhere from 1 - 4 on the depth chart, so even if you are going by the reports you read (probably last on draft day), that still does give them top 4 potential.

Quote:
Not all players can actually transition their game into the NHL.

Many Oilerfans thought MPS was going to be great and now he looks to be a bust.
How does Pajaarvi look like a bust? At absolute worst, he had a sophomore slump who looked pretty good in the AHL after getting sent down last year.

Quote:
Why then are Oilerfans the only ones saying these players have top 2 potential and rest of the posters on the mainboard will say the Oilers have a weak defence going forward?
You should know by now that the main board hates Oiler prospects in general. As soon as we won the draft lottery last year, Yakupov went from being the best draft pick since Stamkos to being an average number one with a significant chance of busting (you should remember the same argument with RHN and Hall).

You are especially wrong on Schultz. Nobody says he is a top two potential defenseman? How about his former coach who said he's better than Jake Gardiner, who is already a very good #3. Or, you know, the dozens of writers who have said he'll probably come in as a good top pair guy since his amazing start in OKC.

Quote:
Many posters laughed at how they think that we think we've got a good defense going forward.

One poster said that Oilerfans are clearly biased and are overrating their defenceman going forward.
As I already showed, main board posters know little about other teams prospects in general.

I know some posters here like to be doomsdayers and naysayers, but lets not make things up.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote