View Single Post
Old
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Moneyman2k6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I get your intent but at this point I don't think Gomez can make anyone produce.

A slight modification of your lineup that might be worth trying (especially as the season starts) :

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Pleks - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Gomez - Moen

Have Eller and Galchenyuk on some sort of kid line together with Armstrong who's probably a good veteran to have on such a line since he can skate, defend his teammates and has some ability to finish good plays (as evidenced by his seasons playing with Crosby). This way Galchy can be sheltered a bit and get easier opposition while giving Eller a talented player to play with, for once. Its not impossible that Eller-Galchenyuk could end up playing together in the future, as well.
I think thats not a bad idea because the period Eller played at his best was when he played with kostitsyn and we all Know kostitsyn had sicks hands, sick shot etc.. as it is for gally . I dont want to compare Galchenyuk to kostitsyn, But he does remind me a bit of kostitsyn at his first year with more consistancy, more heart, caracter... and also more speed. Like this the kid will have less pressure and play against easier opponents. Im not sure but i think Tyler Seguin started the NHL in the 3rd line also... so it might not be a bad idea.